Avana 50 is one of the effective medicines prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED), or sexual impotence. ED is a condition in which a man loses his ability to get and maintain an erection even after proper sexual arousal. There are a few physical or psychological causes associated with ED. Avana 50 looks after treating ED, irrespective of the physical or psychological causes. The active component of Avana 50 is Avanafil, a newly established impotence drug.
Active Medicinal Agent
- 50mg Avanafil
- Chemical Formula – C23H26ClN7O3
- Molecular Mass – 483.951 g/mol
- Pharmacological Denotation – PDE5-inhibitor
Mechanism Of Action
Avana 50mg (Avanafil), as the pharmacological denotation suggests, inhibits the secretion of PDE5 (phosphodiesterase-5), a naturally secreting enzyme. When PDE5 is inhibited, the body tends to release a substance called nitric oxide. Augmentation in nitric oxide increases overall blood circulation. Eventually, the penile organ receives adequate amount of blood to experience an erection on sexual stimulation. Avana promotes erection only in the presence of sexual excitement.
It is important that you use Avana 50 as prescribed by your doctor. You need to follow every direction carefully before and while using this generic erectile dysfunction medicine. Follow these usage guidelines:
- You can take Avana 50 pill with or without food.
- This generic medicine is usually taken only when required, nearly 30 minutes before sexual activity.
- Taking the pill on empty stomach yields better results.
- It may lose its effectiveness if mixed or taken along with alcohol or grapefruits.
- It helps achieve erection only when sexual stimulation occurs; it will not occur just by taking a pill.
- Store the pills away from direct heat, sunlight or moisture.
- You are not likely to be on a dosing schedule with this medicine; you need to use it as required.
To make sure Avana 50 is safe in use, inform your doctor about:
- Medical problems, if any, such as heart disease, brain disorder, leukaemia, anaemia or liver/kidney dysfunction
- Undergoing treatment with any OTC or prescription medicines
- Allergic to any medicine
Avana 50 is not for women, children and men under 18 years of age. It is also contraindicated in men who are already taking nitrates. That is because nitrates and Sildenafil Citrate do not go well in the body; together they cause serious hypotension.
Common side effects of Avana 50 include nausea, dizziness, blur vision, facial flushing or headache. They usually subside as the drug’s effect diminishes. Stop using Avana 50 and call your physician right away if you experience following side effects:
- Chest pain
- Skin rashes
- Swelling of face and lips
- Abnormal vision
- Extreme dizziness
- Painful erection lasting for more than four hours
This is not the complete list of side effects. One may experience other side effects as well. If any symptom aggravate after taking Avana 50, see your doctor right away.