Sildenafil Citrate (Generic Viagra) is an extremely effective medicinal drug that is prescribed for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED), also called sexual impotence. It is one of the most widely used therapeutic agents. Men with impotence issues often rely on this medicine to regain their lost erectile ability. The success rate of Sildenafil Citrate in treating ED is relatively high i.e. approximately 96%.
The history of Sildenafil Citrate is quite interesting. Initially, it was meant for treating high blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary hypertension). During clinical studies of Sildenafil Citrate on patients with pulmonary hypertension, scientists found that it is helping men achieve harder and durable erections. Since then, it is predominately used for ED treatment.
In 1998, the Food and Drug Administration approved Sildenafil Citrate for the treatment of impotence, which was marketed under the brand name Viagra. Another brand name Revatio is prescribed for managing the symptoms of pulmonary hypertension. However, it is available in a variety of generic forms (Generic Viagra), which are very reasonable and easily gettable.
Sildenafil Citrate falls under the category of drugs known as phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) antagonists. On oral intake, the drug inhibits the secretion of PDE5 enzyme so that the body releases nitric oxide. When this enzyme-chemical interaction takes place, the blood circulation improves. Eventually, your penile organ receives the amount of blood it requires to attain an erection. With Sildenafil Citrate, you will surely experience stronger and long-lasting erection so that you can complete the act of sexual intercourse.
First and foremost, you should use Sildenafil Citrate only if you are diagnosed with ED and under the supervision of your doctor. Follow all directions carefully to use the drug without any complexities.
- Use this anti-impotent medicine exactly as advised by your doctor.
- The standard dose of this medicine is 50 mg; however, some men may require 25 mg or 100 mg, depending on the need, response and severity of the ED.
- You may take the prescribed dose with or without food; if possible, on an empty stomach.
- You must consume the dose at least an hour before sexual activity and only once in 24 hours.
- Sexual stimulation an hour after dosage is necessary to experience erection; the drug will not promote spontaneous erection.
- More importantly, take only one dose in 24 hours (when required); do not exceed the dose.
- Keep this prescription ED medicine in a very safe place that is out of the reach of children.
- Refrain from consuming grapefruits or alcohol during the course of therapy, as they readily interrupt drug assimilation.
Prior to using Sildenafil Citrate (Generic Viagra), make sure you consult your medical advisor and ask about the risks and benefits of using the medicine. To ensure utmost safety, inform your doctor about following things, if any:
- Medical problems associated with heart, brain, liver, kidney, blood, etc.
- Receiving treatment with any prescription/OTC meds, herbal remedies or supplements
- Hypersensitive to any medications
Do not give this medicine to women and children. If you are not an ED victim, do not use Sildenafil Citrate. Also, it is not meant for recreational use. If you are under nitrates treatment, then avoid using medicines that contain Sildenafil Citrate. Ask your doctor to know more about the drug contraindications. Stop your sexual activity and call your doctor if you experience any serious side effects – such as chest pain, breathlessness, skin rashes or swelling of face.
Undoubtedly, Sildenafil Citrate is one of the best male enhancement pills. It is really important that you use this ED drug as per your doctor’s instructions. The drug will definitely help you lead a satisfactory sexual life.